Completing the Drug Use Notification Form has been moved online this year and you can begin completing this form! It can be filled out easily using your mobile device or tablet. Because of the signatures that are required at the bottom of both youth and parent/guardian, it will likely be easier than using a mouse on a desktop computer/laptop. Below is the information that you’ll need to know in order to get this completed. Please have all your forms completed BEFORE you arrive at the fairgrounds on Weigh-In Day (September 10) to ensure a smooth weigh-in process. If your animal(s) is NOT getting tagged/leg banded until day of weigh-in, still complete the form in advance. We ask that you enter “NA” into the Animal ID field and the staff will be able to enter the correct tag # at the scales.
Who Needs to Complete the Drug Use Notification Form?
- If your child(ren) are taking one of the following MARKET animals, it is required that a Drug Use Notification Form (DUNF) be completed ONLINE for each animal, per the Ohio Department of Agriculture.
- Breeding animals DO NOT need to complete this form.
When is the Deadline to Complete the Online DUNF?
- Before you will be permitted to have your animals weighed on Friday, September 10, you will need to have completed the online DUNF.
- At each of the scales, there will be a staff member verifying that you have submitted a form for each of your market animals.
- Here is the link to begin completing your DUNF: https://go.osu.edu/williams2021dunf
Market Animals required to have a DUNF completed per animal are:
- Feeder calves
- Lactating Dairy Goat
- Lactating Dairy Cow
- Pen of Chickens (1 form per Pen of chickens)
- Pen of Rabbits (1 form Per pen of rabbits)
What information do I need to have/know to complete the DUNF?
- First Name
- Last Name
- Mailing Address
- Zip Code
- E-Mail Address
- Phone Number
- Age of Exhibitor
- Animal ID Number (Tag, Tattoo, RFID Chip, etc.) DO NOT USE ANIMAL NAME
- If you have pens of chickens or rabbits, you will only need to complete one form per pen.
- For poultry projects, steers, or swine getting tagged or leg-banded at Weigh-In, enter “NA” into the Animal ID field and a staff member will enter the tag number at the scales.
- Breed of Animal
- Sex of Animal
- Color of Animal
- Did You Complete Quality Assurance?
- Is the Above Listed Animal Free of Medication?
- If the answer is no you will be asked to list medications that have not withdrawn.
- If the drug given was extra label or prescription, the veterinarian’s name address and phone number must be given.
- Signature of Youth
- Signature of Parent/Guardian (if youth is under 18 years of age)
Where else can this link be found?
- This link is posted on our website at https://williams.osu.edu/fair (the link is in the purple box)
- It will also be shared on our Williams County 4-H Facebook page.
- Families and exhibitors are encouraged to bookmark this page for easy access on your phone/tablet.